Thursday, October 22, 2009

Keeping chipmunks out of flower garden





37cf18305652.jpg
Flowers - 37cf18305652.jpg




Flower



A beautiful ornamental grass is this 2-3 meter high brush grass - abundant near Phnom Koulen national park.
In album Nature pictures

pollen-flowers posted a photo

012-7.jpg
white hydrangeas with flowering mint at the base of vintage candelabras - 012-7.jpg


Flowers_030.jpg
Flower36 - Flowers_030.jpg


Asim Shah posted a photo:

bee



Flower With Have A Five Part Of Pink Color...



pollen-flowers posted a photo

latest2030.jpg
wound trailing foliage and roses - latest2030.jpg


Looking back over the week I think the show has been another great success.

During my more 'sane' moments this week, these are some of the things which gave me most pleasure, in addition to the floral marquee. I particularly admired the flower beds - especially Noah's Ark and the Stoke on Trent to Patagonia bed.

The Visionary Gardens, although not my personal favourites were very much a talking point. I think the category could potentially be extended - even if it is a bit 'Emperor's New Clothes'.

samyoud_writing.jpgA real highlight for me has been the introduction of the Fruit and Vegetable section, which inspired a great deal of interest among adults and children alike. I hope this section returns and extends next year!

By the way, this is where you could often find me this week, writing my blog in the shelter for rain or sunshine in the Tatton Tent!'

So as 4pm and the great sell off approaches, it's 'hold on to your plants', watch out for walking hanging baskets and here we go for next year!


Info from:

No comments:

Post a Comment