Sunday, June 7, 2009

My naughty latin maid daisy marie






Exotic flower near Cambodian jungle. Just a few hundred meters away from dense jungle - these shrub like beautiful exotic flowers.
Wallpaper 1600x1200px.
In album Beautiful flowers

Beautiful pink rose wallpapers for Fathers Day. A happy day starts with love - love may be expressed by roses of love.
Send this beautiful rose of love as free Father Day eCard or use as high resolution desktop wallpaper.
In album Fathers Day

Beautiful soft pink color - high resolution rose wallpaper 1600x1200px. Roses from Baguio City - Philippines.
In album Roses


atheana

atheana's photo



Flower

atheana

atheana's photo


crete


Winter Berries

Nice violete flowers

Nice violete flowers



I'm really pleased with my garden it's turned out even better than I'd hoped. There are lots of special features that I'm hoping the visitors will enjoy. I'll be on the garden all week to tell them all about it. The BBC crew caught up with me on Sunday morning just after I'd finished, and I gave them a guided tour. I hope you like it.

In order to see this content you need to have both Javascript enabled and Flash installed. Visit BBC Webwise for full instructions. If you're reading via RSS, you'll need to visit the blog to access this content.


atheana

atheana's photo






Flower
White Joy

I've been racking my brains, trying to decide what's different about the showground this year. Is it the layout of Main Avenue, or the presence of small gardens on the main catwalk? No, neither of those. The lack of the usual Chelsea chaos I have known for the last 21 years? No, not just that... After some 10 days of intense construction on site it's finally dawned on me... I'm missing the big band sound!

"What is he babbling about?", I can hear you say. Just across the way we used to have the Chelsea Barracks, a parade ground where the guards' band used to do daily practices. The haunting sound used to carry all over the showground, only interrupted by the landing of the occasional army helicopter. I didn't know the names of the tunes, but they were instantly recognisable to anyone who has watched a royal event on TV. I was often drawn through the tall railings and into Ranelagh Gardens, where I could escape the noise, dust and pressure, even if only for a few precious moments while I had my coffee break.

Now it's all gone; the buildings are just a mountain of crushed concrete waiting for more trendy apartments. Maybe in a few years the inhabitants of those very apartments will be adding to the other planning pressures the RHS find themselves under, but for the moment I just miss that uplifting music.

My crew are doing well and working steadily. The work is really tough, especially in the heat and dust, and my main role is to make sure the guys are safe and look after themselves. I relax and reflect by walking to the supermarket for gallons of water, suncream and the boys' favourites - custard creams! We are in the final slog and detail is everything. We've been lucky with the weather so far and for the show visitor or viewer that means they get better gardens. This is because the build is more relaxed and plants go in early so they have time to turn to the sun and adjust. The forecast is for rain this week; good for the plants but not so good for us. Time to dig out the waterproofs! This job isn't for the faint-hearted. Can you imagine not finishing on time? It's enough to make you dig deep and drive to the finishing line.


Info from:

No comments:

Post a Comment