Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Columbine plants flowers






When showing and take a while look to this photo, then one name comes up, peacock !!!, yes you right :) except this fanlike with yellow colour. Actually a little flower, but when take to macro mode, it's becomes more fun, and showing totally different.




Purple Flower


Pyracantha berries in Ben Lomond, CA USA

Frog Hanging in There

Crazy looking flower

Crazy looking flower


Asim Shah posted a photo:

pretty




Keywords:



Pink tulips, Ottawa Tulip Festival
mikonos


Yellow, flower with bug around...




beetography
DSC_9186.jpg

DSC_9186.jpg




Flower That Have a Circle Purple...






Asim Shah posted a photo:

pretty


beetography
cosmo-DSC_9756.jpg

cosmo-DSC_9756.jpg



beetography
iris-DSC_3396.jpg

iris-DSC_3396.jpg


atheana

atheana's photo


Crazy looking flower

Crazy looking flower




Asim Shah posted a photo:

yellow




beetography
kafirlily-DSC_2099.jpg

kafirlily-DSC_2099.jpg



Asim Shah posted a photo:

the basket


beetography
Flowers of long beans.

Flowers of long beans.


Robert Nyman
Like, flowers

Like, flowers



This image and the following 2 lotus pond wallpaper show one and the same pond. Here during dry season in January. The last image shows the same lotus pond during rainy season completely covered by white lotus flowers.
Next to this beautiful pond the little farm house. Imagine you have such an idyllic home - simple but your own and amidst beautiful natural environment. Free leeches treatment when ever you need one included at no extra cost.
In album Lotus flowers

atheana
DCF 1.0

DCF 1.0


Years ago I had an allotment. It was huge and nothing but weeds, but I had big plans and a picture in my mind of how I wanted it to be. Alas it wasn't to be - my children were very young, the weeds wer e indestructible, the soil was thin and the tap was miles away. Reluctantly I gave up and now there's a long waiting list.
standard_redcurrant.jpg
When I saw the Gold medal, Best in Show winning 'Growing Tastes Allotment Garden', I saw my dream allotment from all those years ago. It's perfect without being artificial and you feel you could just get right in and start working on it.

The first thing that caught my eye was the standard redcurrants, such a good idea. Apart from the fact that they look so gorgeous with the jewel-like fruit hanging down, it makes the picking really easy. Last year I bought my parents a standard gooseberry for the same reason and they were thrilled with it.

Looking colourful and a bit messy is the children's section. There's a sandpit, a few toys and raised beds for jolly flowers and veg. If only I'd thought of that - I used to have to bribe my children to keep them quiet, a penny for every dandelion they dug up!

I'm so jealous of the little greenhouse with the cold frames beside it - I remember how tedious it was going backwards and forwards with trays of seedlings. Having somewhere for early tomatoes and tender veg is a joy, not to mention somewhere to go when it's raining.
childrens_allotment_garden.jpg
A cutting garden - what a luxury. This one is beautiful with dahlias, cosmos, cornflowers and lots of other favourites, there's even a row of ornamental annual grasses. Imagine never having to buy your flowers: you could stroll down the straw-lined path in the evening and pick and choose.

There's everything you could want in this marvellous allotment garden, fruit trees, compost bins, even hens; and I haven't even mentioned the rows and rows of healthy vegetables. I did have to ask one of the designers about the kohl rabi - it's one of those veg that no-one confesses to have eaten. Apparently it tastes like cabbage stalks, oh well, never mind - it looks pretty.

I hope I'll have an allotment again one day, I know it's a lot of work and the pests are waiting to get you, but I can dream...



Info from:

No comments:

Post a Comment