Friday, July 17, 2009

Glass daisy shaped plates





crete


Today I'm feeling really exhausted. Although it's lovely talking to all the visitors, I can feel my throat going.

nic_on_garden.jpg

Earlier in the week I had to go into the Telegraph Gardening Theatre to give a talk about beekeeping and my garden. I was absolutely dreading it. When I went in I was offered a hand-mike or an earpiece; and, not wanting to look like Madonna, I went for the mike which they told me I had to rest under my chin when I spoke.

Thank goodness I was sharing my talk with Rosie Hardy, as she had brought loads of plants and is an old hand at this sort of thing!

Needless to say, I was asked about beekeeping. I managed OK but at the end I had to ask the audience a question. So I asked what was the colour spectrum that bees preferred, someone knew the answer - ultraviolet i.e. blues and purples, like my planting.

Rachel de Thame came to film on my garden yesterday - she was very complimentary and said we should have got a Gold! I told her that I was upset at having to miss my children's school play and she said she was missing something of her children's too.

Later on we had Joe Swift and a couple of bee experts filming an interview on my bench. So, one way and another, the garden really has been buzzing.

I hid myself in the apiary for a phone call to my children (it must have sounded strange to the visitors outside !) I wanted to wish them luck for their play and give them special permission to stay up late and see mummy on television.

I really have missed them this week but they're coming to the show on Saturday with my husband - I can't wait.


Info from:

No comments:

Post a Comment