Friday, July 17, 2009

Swan lake memory gardens





Flowers.jpg
Flower - Flowers.jpg



Keywords:


Robert Nyman
Like, flowers

Like, flowers



I decided to title this flower photo with "fruit flower", because this each little flower, making a form like some fruit, and nice colour too.



Robert Nyman
Like, flowers

Like, flowers


nic_meets_public.jpgYesterday morning saw me rushing around doing last minute tweaking and tidying in a panic. The BBC came round to film the garden five minutes before the judges arrived. I stood there and watched, worrying about the few dead leaves I spotted on the turf.

All of a sudden the judges were there. I had to abandon my garden to them and I suddenly felt very emotional. There was nothing more I could do - I walked away.

As the day went on there was more and more press interest and some early evening visitors arrived. It was such a relief to think that I had no more work to do and could take off my high-viz jacket and, joy of joys, my boots.

In late afternoon we saw the camera crews gathering at Tony Smith's garden next door, my heart was beating like mad. Before I knew it, a voice asked "Would you like to know what your medal is ?"

It was a Silver-gilt which was absolutely fantastic. I was really thrilled, particularly as it was my first show garden and everyone says that's an excellent award.

It was such a lovely moment later on, at about 6 o'clock, when Radio Cumbria, my local station, phoned and we did a live broadcast interview. Afterwards we sat and drank champagne, listened to the music and watched the fireworks.

Today has been fantastic. I wish I had brought a visitor's book to record all the lovely, appreciative comments from the visitors that are walking round the garden, it makes it all worthwhile.


Info from:

No comments:

Post a Comment